An email I received a few days ago. I don’t know how much of this is really true, if any of it is. But if it is, then its a really worrying fact.
First no WMDs in IRAQ, & now Libya. Looks like the beginning of the Oil Wars to me. I wonder how much longer will it take for say China to start rattling its sabers against India / Taiwan and other countries in Asia.
It is in the worlds best interests if it wakes up to the veiled threat to world peace, the supposedly ‘Last Baston of Equality, Freedom’ is fast becoming.
Now without further ado, here’s the email reproduced.
“Why Gaddafi end like This….?”
Libya and Libyan “dictator” Muammar Gaddafi:
- 1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms
– all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $ 2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000
14. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
15. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
Was he a dictator? Or is this oil war?